Who are Guadalupe County Master Gardeners?
We meet the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Guadalupe County Office of the Texas AgriLife Extension Service located at 210 Live Oak, Seguin, Texas 78155. Meetings include a guest speaker and are open to the public. Meeting program topic details are included on the Calender of Events — check it out and join us.
For additional information or gardening questions please call us at (830) 379-1972 or (830) 303-3889.
Questions are also answered on the KWED 1580 AM Master Gardener radio program every Saturday from 9-10 a.m.
We’ll answer your burning gardening question on the air: 830.372.1580 or toll free 1.800.361.1580.
Examples of community projects in which we are involved:
- Speaker’s Bureau: Provide speakers for groups interested in gardening programs.
- Agricultural Education and Heritage Center Garden, Seguin
- Gutierrez Xeriscape Park, Schertz
- Landscape at AgriLife Extension Building, Seguin
- Mosaic Church Community and Meditation Gardens, Seguin
- Schertz Community Garden
- Seguin Administration Building on Court Street
- Silver Center landscaping
- Ag Education Fair at Big Red Barn in October
- Cibolo Ag Days in November
- Guadalupe County Fair in October
- San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Jan/Feb.
- Schertz Grow Local Festival in February
- Earth Day, Seguin, in April
- Pecan Festival in October
- Wilson County Gardening Day in March.
- Various School Gardens